Hadoop, mail # general - why hadoop choose maven as its build tool?

Re: why hadoop choose maven as its build tool?
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-05-17, 04:40
I would also mention a benefit of testing and inter-component integration
standardization. This is, essentially, what BigTop has done by introducing and
supporting open-source solution for creating and validating Hadoop stacks.

Funnily enough, this simple concept was too hard to grok for some of the
commercial vendors. The management there were literally insisting on doing
_manual_ testing for their packages (at least at the time that when I was
working for one of them and observing it:) But I guess this is a different
story...

Cos