Hadoop, mail # general - Build Hadoop 1.0.4 eclipse plugin

+
William Kang 2013-01-12, 18:58
+
Gaurav Kumar 2013-01-12, 19:11
+
William Kang 2013-01-15, 01:51
+
William Kang 2013-01-20, 03:45
Re: Build Hadoop 1.0.4 eclipse plugin
Gaurav Kumar 2013-01-20, 05:13
Hi William,

What error/exception ware you getting specifically?
On which platforms are your clusters and eclipse running?

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Kumar
Software Engineer
HCL Technologies Ltd.
Mob: +91-9953294125
Blog: TechnoTurd <http://technoturd.wordpress.com/>
Connect with me on LinkedIn <http://in.linkedin.com/in/gauravkumar37>
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM, William Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
> I got the plugin to work fine with browsing the HDFS system and run
> code in the local mode. But the "Run on Hadoop" button doesn't work at
> all so I cant deploy the code to the cluster.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> Cao
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM, William Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi Gaurav,
> > Thanks a lot. It worked! The only small incident is that it doesn't
> > compile correctly with Java7. But it works fine with Java6. Thank you
> > very much for the instruction.
> >

> > Cao
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Gaurav Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi William,
> >>
> >> The general approach is to
> >>
> >>    1. checkout the code from Apache's SVN
> >>    2. modify build.properties in /src/contrib/eclipse-plugin and add
> >>    eclipse.home=<path to eclipse>
> >>    3. download apache forrest 0.8 and sun jdk 5
> >>    4. run ant command as "ant clean package
> >>    -Djava5.home=/opt/java/jdk1.5.0_22
> -Dforrest.home=/opt/apache-forrest-0.8"
> >>    (replace the paths as per your config)
> >>    5. you should be online for this
> >>    6. after that eclipse plugin should be there in
> >>    /build/contrib/eclipse-plugin
> >>    7. Now the plugin thus made is not correct
> >>    8. open the jar and add the jars of the following in /lib of the jar-
> >>    commons-configuration, commons-lang,
> jackson-core-asl,jackson-mapper-asl
> >>    9. modify MANIFEST.MF in /META-INF of the jar to include these paths
> >>    such as "Bundle-ClassPath:
> >>
>  classes/,lib/hadoop-core.jar,lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar,lib/jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar,lib/commons-configuration-1.6.jar,lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar"
> >>    10. copy this jar to plugins folder of eclipse
> >>    11. run "eclipse -clean"
> >>    12. switch to map reduce perspective
> >>
> >> 2 noteworthy points:
> >>
> >>    1. it's really not worth it to build the plugin for later versions of
> >>    hadoop because even if the plugin has compiled, it doesn't work with
> all
> >>    the feaures
> >>    2. this query may have been better answered in the developers mailing
> >>    list.
> >>

> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >> Gaurav Kumar
> >> Software Engineer