Hive >> mail # user >> DROP TABLE does not respect the IF EXISTS clause

+
Marc Limotte 2013-01-31, 18:42
Re: DROP TABLE does not respect the IF EXISTS clause
Marc,
It seemed to work on my installation of Hive 0.9. Is this a table or a view
you are trying to drop?
Mind sharing the create table definition?

Mark

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Marc Limotte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm testing with Hive 0.9.0 (in Amazon EC2, but NOT emr).  I'm
> experiencing a problem where DROP TABLE does not respect the IF EXISTS
> clause, so it still throws an error when the table doesn't exist and this
> causes the script to stop executing.  Here's what it looks like from the
> hive shell:
>
> hive> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS recalc_aggregate_premium;
>
> FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Table not found
> recalc_aggregate_premium
>

> Marc

+
Marc Limotte 2013-01-31, 21:57