HBase >> mail # user >> Force the number of map tasks in MR?

Force the number of map tasks in MR?
Hi,

Is there a way to force the number of map tasks in a MR?

I have a 25 regions table splitted over 6 nodes. But the MR is running
the tasks only 2 by 2.

Is there a way to force it to run one task on each regionserver
serving at least one region? Why is the MR waiting for 2 taskes to
complete before sending to the other tasks?

I'm starting the MR with a caching of 100.

I tried mapred.map.tasks and speculative=false with no success.

Any idea how I can increase it this number of tasks?

Thanks,

JM
+
Kevin Odell 2012-10-11, 20:23