Sqoop >> mail # user >> Zero rows imported while doing Mysql to Hive import

+
Siddharth Karandikar 2013-07-03, 11:25
Re: Zero rows imported while doing Mysql to Hive import
Hi Siddharth,
I don't see anything bad on the output, however rerunning it with "--verbose" might help.

How did you configured the Hive? Are you using default data store or did you reconfigured it? The default one is embedded derby that will create the store in current working directory, so in order to access created metadata you will need to execute Hive in the same directory as Sqoop.

Jarcec

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 04:55:27PM +0530, Siddharth Karandikar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing some problems while importing a sample database from MySQL
> to Hive using Sqoop 1.4.3, Hive 0.11.0 and Hadoop 1.1.2 on a single
> node setup.
>
> While doing this, I am always seeing following message in job logs -
> Table default.customers stats: [num_partitions: 0, num_files: 2,
> num_rows: 0, total_size: 15556, raw_data_size: 0]
>
> Job ends with success message -
> 13/07/03 05:09:30 INFO hive.HiveImport: Time taken: 0.74 seconds
> 13/07/03 05:09:30 INFO hive.HiveImport: Hive import complete.
> 13/07/03 05:09:30 INFO hive.HiveImport: Export directory is empty, removing it.
>
> Full command and log can be found at - http://pastebin.com/03f6Wdga
>
> I am using Sqoop for the first time and I could be missing few things.
> Any pointers to solve thos problem would really help.
>

> MySQL to HDFS is working fine though.
>

> Thanks,
> Siddharth
+