HBase, mail # user - Save the bandwidth usage

Re: 答复: Save the bandwidth usage
Jia Wang 2013-11-14, 10:15
Yes, the SNAPPY compression has been enabled already, which i don't think
help too much cause we are generating random characters.

The duplication factor is 3 by default in Hadoop, we have a 4 servers
cluster, three of them shared with RegionServer, I have disable auto split
policy for my table, currently there are 16 REGION for my table which is
row key start from "0~9" and "A~F", and they get requests quite even.

The disk i/O and CPU usage is quite OK, no more than 50%, memory is also
OK, cause the test is only for inserting data(300M), the HEAP size is set
as 4096MB for each of my Region server.

Any ideas? My thought is that the network bandwidth is taken by data
duplication and other HBase/Hadoop regular sync up operations, if what i
have is a normal case, then fine, i will finish the tuning.

Thanks
Ramon