Hadoop >> mail # dev >> adding functionality to retrieve file name from a block

Re: adding functionality to retrieve file name from a block
There is no need to store file name in the block. Given block you can get BlockInfo, which has INodeFile. From this you can get the corresponding file name. As Dhruba said, I am interested in the use-case as well.