Hadoop, mail # dev - Configuring Heap Size for Name Node

Re: Configuring Heap Size for Name Node
Hemanth Yamijala 2010-12-01, 02:39
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM, Dave Shine
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do I change the heap size for the Name Node (and Secondary Name Node) without changing the heap size for the data nodes, job tracker, and task trackers?

Which version are you using. I am pretty certain that 0.21 and above
have HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS which can be used to set the heap size only
for NameNode. You can check if this option is defined in
hadoop-env.sh.

Thanks
Hemanth