HBase >> mail # dev >> reason to do major compaction after split

+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 18:50
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 18:58
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 19:03
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 20:58
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 21:14
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 22:13
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-07, 22:28
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 22:56
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-07, 23:09
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 23:22
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-07, 23:36
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-08, 00:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-08, 01:42
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-08, 19:32
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-08, 20:06
Re: reason to do major compaction after split
Hmm... should we have hardlinks (or use HDFS hardlinks if any?) to solve
this problem.
HalfHFile could be HFileWithRange :)

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > We do not have to created references to references. We can find the
> > original file, and directly create a ref at the grand daughters. The
> messy
> > part, is in the cleanup for parent region, where we have to recursively
> > search for all successors to decide whether we can delete this region,
> and
> > delete the hfile.
> >

> Yes.  That is a few trips to the NN listing directory contents and then
> some edits/reading of .META.  We would have to introduce a QuarterHFile to
> go with our HalfHFile (or rename HalfHFile as PieceO'HFile).
>

> St.Ack

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-03-07, 18:54