Hive, mail # user - Set the number of mapper in hive

+
Philips Kokoh Prasetyo 2012-12-07, 09:02
Re: Set the number of mapper in hive
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-07, 09:15
ways to handle this
1) create separate job queues for hive and hbase users on jt and allocate
resources according to your needs
2) you can not actually limit how many maps can be launched as its decided
on run time by looking at split size. If you want less number of maps to be
launched then increase split size...also keep in mind you will need larger
memory for maps
On Dec 7, 2012 2:32 PM, "Philips Kokoh Prasetyo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My cluster also runs HBase for real time processing. Hive query (on a big
> table) occupies all the map tasks so that the other service cannot run
> properly.
> Does anyone know how to limit the number of running map in hive?
> I see mapred.reduce.tasks in the configuration properties, but I don't see
> the configuration for mapper.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Philips

+
Philips Kokoh Prasetyo 2012-12-07, 09:38
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-07, 09:48
+
Philips Kokoh Prasetyo 2012-12-07, 11:44