Hive >> mail # user >> Set the number of mapper in hive

Re: Set the number of mapper in hive
ways to handle this
1) create separate job queues for hive and hbase users on jt and allocate
resources according to your needs
2) you can not actually limit how many maps can be launched as its decided
on run time by looking at split size. If you want less number of maps to be
launched then increase split size...also keep in mind you will need larger
memory for maps