Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop hangs

Firas,

That setting should point to the location of your hadoop mapreduce
installation (ie. /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce).

Sqoop uses MapReduce to distribute the transfer of data. This means that a
MapReduce job will be created and several tasks to perform the work. Could
you please inspect your job tracker and task logs? Also, remember to run
your sqoop job with the "verbose" (--verbose) command to get the most out
of logging.

If you're still having difficulty, please provide your sqoop log, job
tracker log, and relevant task logs.

-Abe