Accumulo >> mail # dev >> table.offline behavior change in 1.6.0

+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 19:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 20:10
+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 20:21
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 20:57
+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 21:02
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 21:19
+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 21:30
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 21:35
+
Josh Elser 2013-12-04, 21:35
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 21:37
+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 22:03
+
Sean Busbey 2013-12-04, 22:15
Re: table.offline behavior change in 1.6.0
Sure
<vines> let me explain
<kturner> did you see my latest email?
<vines> yes\
<kturner> about looking at offline(String, boolean wait)
<vines> That's what has me confused
<vines> yeah, I looked at it
<vines> So the wait value will be used for watching the state change in ZK
<vines> I get that
<kturner> wait is not passed to doTableOperation
<vines> No
<vines>    if (wait)
<vines>       waitForTableStateTransition(tableId, TableState.OFFLINE);
<vines> at the end of the method
<kturner> yeah, thats extra is wait is set to true
<kturner> when wait = false, it does the same thing at 1.5
<vines> You said in one of the emails that 1.4 and 1.5 only wait for a ZK
state change. From that, I inferred that the waitForTableOperation will not
complete when all tablets are offline
<vines> Is that not correct?
<kturner> in 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 offline(String) will synchronously execute a
FATE operation that changes the table state in zookeeper
<kturner> after the table state is changes, the master will start telling
tablet servers to unload tabelts
<kturner> tablets
<kturner> in 1.6 you can optionally wait for all tablets to be unloaded
<vines> But in 1.6, all wait is used for is waitForTableStateTransition
<kturner> In 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 offline(String) will only start the process
of unloading tablets
<vines> Which is the ZK flag to take tablets offline
<kturner> waitForTableStateTransition() is a new method in 1.6... it scans
the metadata table an waits until no tablet has a location

+
Christopher 2013-12-04, 19:36