MapReduce, mail # user - What is required to run hadoop daemons?

What is required to run hadoop daemons?
Agarwal, Nikhil 2013-04-02, 13:53
Hi,

I wanted to ask that suppose I have Hadoop source code and Jonbtracker running on my linux machine. If I want to start a TaskTracker daemon on another machine then do I need to put Hadoop source code in that machine or can I start TaskTracker without the source code also?

Also, if my master node (where JobTracker is running) is linux then can I have slave node as windows machine and start Tasktracker on it without putting Hadoop source code?

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Nikhil