HBase >> mail # user >> java.io.IOEcxeption key k1 followed by a smaller key k2

java.io.IOEcxeption key k1 followed by a smaller key k2
Hello All,

I am using hbase 0.92.1 on hadoop 1 . I am getting those exceptions, and it
seems to me that it means that the hbase file is not sorted in order. So
when the scanner goes through it, it finds a smaller key after its current.

Is that related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6579 ??

It looks like upgrading to 0.94.1 (current stable) won't fix the issue. Any
recommendations ??

Here is the stack dump:
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreScanner.next(StoreScanner.java:266)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.KeyValueHeap.next(KeyValueHeap.java:138)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion$RegionScannerImpl.nextInternal(HRegion.java:2945)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion$RegionScannerImpl.next(HRegion.java:2901)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion$RegionScannerImpl.next(HRegion.java:2918)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.getLastIncrement(HRegion.java:3660)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.incrementColumnValue(HRegion.java:3844)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.incrementColumnValue(HRegionServer.java:2982)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor25.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:364)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1326)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1345)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.incrementColumnValue(HTable.java:870)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.incrementColumnValue(HTable.java:850)
        <Rest of the stack is inside my code>

Thanks,
Mohamed Ibrahim