Hive >> mail # user >> "show table" throwing strange error

Re: "show table" throwing strange error
Create hive-site.xml paste following

and try

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
   contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
   The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
   (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
   the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

   limitations under the License.
-->

<configuration>
<property>
 <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/hivemeta?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>
  <description>the URL of the MySQL database</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
  <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
  <value>username</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
  <value>passwore</value>
</property>
</configuration>

*Thanks & Regards    *