Hive, mail # user - Change timestamp format in hive

Change timestamp format in hive
Chunky Gupta 2013-02-13, 09:43
Hi,

I have a log file which has timestamp in format "YYYY-MM-DD-HH:MM:SS". But
since the timestamp datatype format in hive is "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS".
I created a table with datatype of that column as TIMESTAMP. But when I
load the data it is throwing error. I think it is because of difference in
format.

Is there any way to set the timestamp format while creating the table. Or
is there some other solution for this issue ?

Thanks,
Chunky.
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-02-13, 09:48
+
Dean Wampler 2013-02-13, 14:43