MapReduce >> mail # user >> Misconfiguration of hdfs-site.xml

Misconfiguration of hdfs-site.xml
Hi,

For months now I'm using my hadoop cluster with absolutly nothing
related to the drive directory on my hdfs-site.xml file.

It seems that it's using the hadoop.tmp.dir directory to store data.

My hadoop.tmp.dir is pointing to
/home/hadoop/haddop_drive/${user.name} and on my
/home/hadoop/haddop_drive directory I can see hadoop and hbase.

Now, I want to configure that properly without loosing the data I have.

I'm using 1.0.3.

Based on the documentation
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.3/cluster_setup.html#Site+Configuration
it seems I need to setup dfs.data.dir to point to
/home/hadoop/haddop_drive. If I add this entry and restart my
datanode, will it "simply" continue to point to the same place and
find the data he needs?

Also, what about dfs.name.dir ? I guess I can simply point it to the
same place, right?

On  /home/hadoop/haddop_drive/hadoop/dfs I have data and name
directories. So I'm not sure if I should point the properties above to
 /home/hadoop/haddop_drive or to  /home/hadoop/haddop_drive/dfs.

Thanks,

JM
+
Harsh J 2012-12-18, 20:36