Hadoop, mail # dev - Jetty fixes for Hadoop

+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-09, 23:22
+
Thomas Graves 2012-07-10, 21:59
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-10, 22:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-07-10, 22:19
+
Robert Evans 2012-07-11, 13:03
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-11, 16:38
Re: Jetty fixes for Hadoop
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-11, 16:26
I agree that we should explore alternatives the forked version of Jetty.
This is a longer term goal. In the interim, lets do jetty-6.1.26 + fixes.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am +1 on this also, although I think we need to look at moving to
> Jetty-7 or possibly dropping Jetty completely and look at Netty or even
> Tomcat long term.  Jetty has just been way too unstable at Hadoop scale
> and that has not really changed with newer versions of Jetty.  Sticking
> with an old forked unsupported version of Jetty longterm seems very risky
> too me.
>
> --Bobby
>
> On 7/10/12 5:19 PM, "Todd Lipcon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >+1 from me too. We've had this in CDH since Sep '11 and been working
> >much better than the stock 6.1.26.
> >
> >-Todd
> >
> >On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> >> I'm +1 also.
> >>
> >> -- Owen
> >

> >--