From: Carlos Espinoza [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hbase ExportSnapshot with AWS

You might be interested in a tool I recently wrote. It's a wrapper around
the Export Snapshot tool. It's not heavily tested, but it has worked for us
so far. You can use it to create a snapshot and export it to S3. It can
also be used to import a snapshot from S3 into a running HBase cluster. You
need to dedicate a bucket for this.

https://github.com/lospro7/snapshot-s3-util
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> There is no option to export materialized snapshot to AWS yet - only to
> another HBase cluster.
> You can export snapshot metadata to s3 using S3 FileSystem  in Hadoop, but
> this is not you are looking for.
> You can export snapshots to table(s) in another cluster and then use
> distcp to copy data over to s3.
> One caveat: you have to have spare cluster for that, because you can't
> export table's snapshot to different cluster and
> different table (name).
>
> yea, too many limitations. One major enhancement to snapshots which is
> definitely welcomed is ability to export materialized
> snapshots to a different DFS location (S3 in this case)
>

> Best regards,
> Vladimir Rodionov
> Principal Platform Engineer
> Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.