Hive >> mail # user >> Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table

+
Keith Wiley 2012-10-18, 20:46
+
MiaoMiao 2012-10-19, 05:15
+
Keith Wiley 2012-10-19, 06:48
+
Chen Song 2012-10-19, 14:16
Re: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table
Followup: If I run "show tables" then while I get a list from the command line, I get nothing from php.  Furthermore, if I attempt to select from a bogus tablename on the command line, I get that same error, "semantic error" and whatnot...so it looks like the real problem is that when apache/php runs hive, it doesn't see the table list.

Like I said, this used to work...so I'm sure I need to get something configured properly, I just don't remember how.  I do see that I am defining HIVE_HOME in my .bashrc...Do I need to do something like this for the apache account or as a HIVE parameter?

"What I primarily learned in grad school is how much I *don't* know.
Consequently, I left grad school with a higher ignorance to knowledge ratio than
when I entered."
                                           --  Keith Wiley