Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Shutting down not required FileTailingAdaptors

Shutting down not required FileTailingAdaptors
I am using DirTailingAdaptor to monitor a directory and to start
FileTailingAdaptor(s) for any new files getting created in that
directory. In our environment a log file is created everyday and every
file will have date in the file name. So, new log messages are written
to current day files and previous day files are NOT updated.  The
FileTailingAdaptor that's monitoring previous day file can be shut down
without any concern. To satisfy this requirement I have written an
adaptor that gets adaptors of type FileTailingAdaptor and gets the file
name from it. If the file has NOT been modified for some time (a time
that is passed as an argument when this adaptor is started) it shuts
down the FileTailingAdaptor.

I wanted to find out if this is a correct approach OR is there any other
way to satisfy this requirement.

Thanks,
Deepak Deshpande.