Pig >> mail # user >> run pig explain command over the entire script in java

+
Petar Jovanovic 2013-02-18, 16:18
+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-02-18, 18:04
Re: run pig explain command over the entire script in java
But pig already has this, it's jut that the java API seems not to have it.
The point would be to have the execution flow from the entire script.
Indeed, the output is not exactly the same if the explain is called over
the entire script than if it is called for each query (alias).

If from the shell we execute command
$ pig -x local -e 'explain -script Temp1/TPC_test.pig -out explain-out9.txt'
it will not give the same output as if we did it for each operation
separately.

On 2/18/2013 7:04 PM, Jonathan Coveney wrote:
> Hacky way: grep for "^\S =", pull out the names, and then do the explains.
>
> Why is doing the progressive explains useful? it wouldn't be too hard to
> build this into pig but the results would be pretty unwieldy, it'd be
> really big, and pretty redundant.
>

> 2013/2/18 Petar Jovanovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to find the way to run the explain command over the entire pig
>> script in java. I was using PigServer but it offers only to do explain over
>> the single query (alias) not the entire script. Is there a way to do
>> something like:
>> $ pig -x local -e 'explain -script Temp1/TPC_test.pig -out
>> explain-out9.txt'
>> but from my Java code?
>>
>> Thanks.

+