Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] Move common, hdfs, mapreduce contrib components to apache-extras.org or elsewhere

Re: [DISCUSS] Move common, hdfs, mapreduce contrib components to apache-extras.org or elsewhere
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-01-31, 05:37
+1 - A really good idea to clean up the builds and ownership issues.

I think it is good to have a default location for related projects and apache-extras.org does seem like a logical place.

We should also probably add a prominent wiki section to support use of apache-extras.org and to provide links to projects that want to host elsewhere.