Avro >> mail # user >> Importing into Eclipse

Importing into Eclipse
Hello,

I updated my svn clone of Avro after quite a while and noticed that
the Java build has moved from Ant to Maven. I'm was not very familiar
with maven based projects yet, but I got some reading done and am able
to use it now. But I have a remaining question that I was not able to
solve:

How do I ask it to generate Eclipse project files? I liked the
'eclipse' or 'eclipse-files' target in the earlier Ant-based build
system of Avro which easily generated Eclipse project files. But when
I try "maven install; maven eclipse:eclipse" it fails for the tools
package (in the eclipse part, the install goes fine). I do not have
enough experience with Maven to know if it is a fault I'm doing or if
it is a fault with the build files related to maven. Any help with
creating eclipse project files for Avro's Java sub-project?

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com