Pig, mail # user - Pig configuration for embedded programs

+
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-29, 19:50
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-03-29, 20:00
Re: Pig configuration for embedded programs
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-29, 20:15
Thanks! Do you know where in the code is this loading of
configuration, etc handled? I'm still pretty new, and want to
understand a bit more about how this works.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Prashant Kommireddi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Your embedded program should work as long as the conf dir/files are on
> the classpath.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 29, 2013, at 12:50 PM, Jeff Yuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have a quick question about configuring Pig correctly when used in a
>> embedded java program: ie my code instantiates PigServer and registers
>> queries to it.
>>
>> How do I set the directory to load the hadoop configuration and pig
>> properties? Is it just a matter of setting the path in the
>> PIG_CLASSPATH and HADOOP_CONF_DIR environment variables? I've seen
>> some documentation about setting configs when directly running pig,
>> but not much discussing when used as an embedded program.
>>
>> Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks!
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-03-29, 20:17