HBase >> mail # dev >> The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 15:49
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 16:23
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 17:48
+
Stack 2013-03-19, 19:00
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 23:30
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-20, 06:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 08:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-20, 21:39
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
Re: The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded
+1 Jenkins EC2 plugin works pretty well, though whatever makes a build
machine get "stuck" is equally applicable on EC2.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have checked with the folks here and until/unless the situation with ASF
> Jenkins VMs improves, we can provide a hosted Jenkins up in EC2, in
> us-west-1:
>
>   - A m1.large instance running 24/7 hosting Jenkins
>
>   - A pool of 5 m1.large instances serving as Jenkins slaves, managed by
> Jenkins with its EC2 plugin:
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Amazon+EC2+Plugin . These
> would
> be launched on demand depending on how many concurrent executors are needed
> (we'd set up a 1 executor to 1 instance mapping) and reaped when inactive.
> Jenkins' EC2 plugin handles those details.
>
> It would remain to be seen if this is better than the ASF Jenkins VMs, but
> if the community is willing to try it, we'd be willing to set it up and
> give out access. With EC2's IAM (http://aws.amazon.com/iam/) it's possible
> to give all committers accounts for managing these resources. An m1.large
> has:
>     - 7.5 GiB memory
>     - 4 EC2 Compute Units (2 virtual cores with 2 EC2 Compute Units each)
>     - 850 GB instance storage
>     - 64-bit platform
>     - I/O Performance: Moderate
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > What, like travis-ci.org ?
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Would the HBase dev community be open to alternate hosted Jenkins test
> > > infrastructure?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > >    - Andy