Hive >> mail # user >> How Can I store the Hive query result in one file ?

Re: How Can I store the Hive query result in one file ?
The question is what is the volume of your output. There is one file per
output task (map or reduce) because that way each can write it
independently and in parallel. That's how mapreduce work. And except by
forcing the number of tasks to 1, there is no certain way to have one
output file.

But indeed if the volume is low enough, you could also capture the standard
output into a local file like Nitin described.

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux