HBase >> mail # user >> Spatial data posting in HBase

Re: Spatial data posting in HBase
Hi there,

Just like other data modeling questions in HBase, how to store your spatial
data will depend on how you want to access it. Are you focused on update
performance or read queries? Are you accessing data based on point-in-space
(ie, match lng,lat within a level of accuracy), spatial extent queries, or
other attribute queries (ie, street address). Can you provide us with any
more information?

Thanks,
Nick

*disclaimer* I'm responsible for the chapter on spatial data in HBase in
Action. Any errors in that example are my own ;)