Hadoop >> mail # dev >> update re: Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0

update re: Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0
The following additional patches are committed to branch-1.1 and will be in
1.1.0:
- HADOOP-8365 - Add flag to disable durable sync
- HADOOP-8399 - Remove JDK5 dependency from Hadoop 1.0+ line
- HADOOP-8417 - HADOOP-6963 didn't update hadoop-core-pom-template.xml
- HADOOP-8445 - Token should not print the password in toString
- MAPREDUCE-2903 - Map Tasks graph is throwing XML Parse error when Job is
executed with 0 maps
- MAPREDUCE-2129 - Job may hang if
mapreduce.job.committer.setup.cleanup.needed=false and
mapreduce.map/reduce.failures.maxpercent>0

I've been trying to build and test the RC0, but am having build problems
with the 32-bit version.  Should have it figured out soon.

The following patch is committed to branch-1 and I'll see if I can apply it
to branch-1.1 before my next build:
- HDFS-3617 - Port HDFS-96 to branch-1 (support blocks greater than 2GB)

The following patch is committed to branch-1 but had conflicts with
branch-1.1 and will not be in RC0:
- HDFS-3596 - Improve FSEditLog pre-allocation in branch-1

The following patches are deferred, as they do not have currently committed
patches:
- HADOOP-7823 - port HADOOP-4012 to branch-1 (splitting support for bzip2)
- MAPREDUCE-4049 - plugin for generic shuffle service

Thanks,
--Matt

+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-12, 21:45