Hive >> mail # user >> hive -e '<query>' not working in 0.8.0

Re: hive -e '<query>' not working in 0.8.0
Sorry guys,  I figured this out.  We have a shell script that sets the env variables and then calls  the standard  hive-0.8.0/bin/hive  "$@" .   The  problem was that the quotes around  $@ were missing and the hive executable was just getting  the first word .

It was just my bad.

Thanks,
Sam
On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Carl Steinbach wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> I tried running this against the hive-0.8.0 release tarball and did not encounter any problems.
> Is it possible that you have some old JARs or shell scripts hanging around from a previous Hive install?
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Sam William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We recently upgraded to Hive-0.8.0  and noticed that all queries   fail when run as  hive -e <query>  with the error ,
>

> sampd@face:~$ hive -e "show tables;"
>
> FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:0 cannot recognize input near 'show' '<EOF>' '<EOF>' in ddl statement
>

> hive -f option works though .  Has anyone else faced this ?
>
> Sam William
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]