Accumulo >> mail # user >> 1.5.0-RC1 Test release candidate

Re: 1.5.0-RC1 Test release candidate
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1384 to deal
with the bin/config.sh bug. I still think the best option is to drop
version numbers from the filenames to simplify things a bit, but would
feel more comfortable doing that if more people were on board with
that.

Yes, the binary (dist) tarball is under the assemble module, because
of the way maven builds them. It's not the best solution, but it's
where Maven automatically puts them when it stages build artifacts,
and is unavoidable unless we do additional steps to rename the file
after staging (which we can still do, if necessary). It has been
suggested (Eric) that the "assemble" module could simply be called
"apache-accumulo" (distinct from our parent POM called "accumulo"), so
that the binary tarball would be named properly. I'm somewhat on board
with that idea for future versions, but not 100% certain it's the best
solution for the naming convention confusion.

The naming convention for the source tarball is going to be different,
simply because it is now following the Apache parent POM's naming
convention for source-release assemblies.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii