MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta

+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-09-17, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-18, 12:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-17, 06:38
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 04:58
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 22:41
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-19, 18:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-17, 09:23
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-23, 06:23
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-09-23, 23:49
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 00:36
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 15:03
Update: HDFS-5228 has been resolved.  It was committed to branch-2.1-beta,
so I think there was an assumption that this would warrant a new RC.  (If
that's not the case, then we ought to pull HDFS-5228 back out of
branch-2.1-beta to avoid confusion.)

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> ping
>

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Vote for the 2.1.1-beta release is closing tonight, while we had quite a
> > few +1s, it seems we need to address the following before doing a
> release:
> >
> > symlink discussion: get a concrete and explicit understanding on what we
> > will do and  in what release(s).
> >
> > Also, the following JIRAs seem nasty enough to require a new RC:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5225 (no patch avail)
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5228 (patch avail)
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1089 (patch avail)
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-5529 (patch avail)
> >
> > I won't -1 the release but I'm un-casting my vote as I think we should
> > address these things before.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Alejandro
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> +1 (binding)
> >>

> >> Verified the signatures and hashes for both src and binary tars. Built
> >> from
> >> the source, the binary distribution and the documentation. Started a
> >> single
> >> node cluster and tested the following:
> >>
> >> # Started HDFS cluster, verified the hdfs CLI commands such ls, copying
> >> data back and forth, verified namenode webUI etc.
> >>
> >> # Ran some tests such as sleep job, TestDFSIO, NNBench etc.

> >> would

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.1-beta-rc0

> days.

> >> entity to
> confidential,
> >> reader
> >> that
> >> immediately
> >> >

> >> --
> >> http://hortonworks.com/download/
> >>
> >> --
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
> reader
> >> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> >> that

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 20:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-24, 21:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-24, 22:25
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-23, 19:04
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-23, 20:22
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 21:52