Drill >> mail # user >> High-level architecture

High-level architecture
All,

Motivated by the fact that I find myself explaining Drill more and more often lately I thought it might be useful to provide a high-level view on the architecture of Drill. So, I gave it a shot and you can find the result at [1] - note that also the OmniGraffle source is attached to this page in case someone wants to tweak it.

This high-level architecture diagram was created with the following in mind:

* Providing a quick overview of the features, interfaces and ecosystem ...
* ... while aiming not *only* at a technical audience
* Summarising the various discussions around desired data sources and query languages supported

One aspect I find very important and that I tried to highlight is the human in the loop: being an interactive system, this should clearly be in the centre of attention?

Cheers,
Michael
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/High-level+Architecture

--