Pig, mail # user - the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage

+
Weiping Qu 2013-04-29, 20:08
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-29, 20:25
Re: the version of HBase supported by HBaseStorage
Weiping Qu 2013-04-29, 20:37
Dear Prashant,

Firstly thank you very much for your quick reply.

I would just like to try the new SQL layer above HBase (called Phoenix)
which claims that it outperforms Hive.
So far phoenix has only two releases which support Hbase 0.94.2/3 and
0.94.4 or above, respectively.
I had carefully included these hbase jars in pig's lib directory
respectively for each try, but all failed. :(
As you mentioned that HBaseStorage currently only supports 0.94.1 by
default, then I think I should give it up now and wait for future release.

Or just use Hive than Phoenix.

Thank you again.
Best,
Weiping
> Hi Weiping,
>
> Pig 0.11.1 uses hbase 0.94.1 by default. Are you using the right jars?
>

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Weiping Qu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am currently using HBaseStorage to load and store data between HBase and
>> Pig.
>> I have the Pig of the newest version 0.11.1.
>> I worked with hbase-0.90.6
>> But I found that HBaseStorage in pig 0.11.1 cannot be used for hbase with
>> version 0.94.4 or above which is used for phoenix.
>>
>> The error message is found as follows.
>> ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.**Grunt - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal
>> error. com/google/protobuf/Message
>>

>> Thank you in advance!
>> Kind Regards,
>> Weiping