HBase >> mail # user >> Acceptable CPU_WIO % ?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-08, 01:19
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 01:43
Re: Acceptable CPU_WIO % ?
Hi Kevin,

I'm facing some issues on one of my nodes and I'm trying to find a way
to fix that. CPU is used about 10% by user, and 80% for WIO. So I'm
looking for a way to improve that. The mother board can do RAIDx and
JBOD too. It's the server I used few weeks ago to run some disks
benchs.

http://www.spaggiari.org/index.php/hbase/hard-drives-performances

The conclusion was that RAID0 was 70% faster than JBOD. But JBOD was
faster than RAID1.

I have a 2TB drive in this server and was thinking about just adding
another 2TB drive.

What are the advantages of JBOD compared to RAID0? From the last tests
I did, it was slower.

Since I will have to re-format the disks anyway, I can re-run the
tests just in case I did not configured something properly....

JM

2013/2/7, Kevin O'dell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hey JM,
>
>   Why RAID0?  That has a lot of disadvantages to using a JBOD
> configuration?  Wait I/O is a symptom, not a problem.  Are you actually
> experiencing a problem or are you treating for something you think should
> be lower?
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is an acceptable CPU_WIO % while running an heavy MR job? Should
>> we also try to keep that under 10%? Or it's not realistic and we will
>> see more about 50%?
>>
>> One of my nodes is showing 70% :( It's WAY to much. I will add another
>> disk tomorrow and put them in RAID0, but I'm wondering how low shoud I
>> go?
>>
>> JM
>>

> --
> Kevin O'Dell