Hadoop >> mail # user >> rack awarness unexpected behaviour

+
Marc Sturlese 2013-08-22, 07:41
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-08-22, 08:21
+
Marc Sturlese 2013-08-22, 08:29
Re: rack awarness unexpected behaviour
When you rebalance, the block is fully written, so the writer locality does
not have to be taken into account (there is no writer anymore), hence it
can rebalance across the racks. That's why jobs asymmetry was the easy
guess. What's your hadoop version by the way? I remember a bug around rack
awareness, but it has been fixed a year ago (and I'm not sure it would have
had this effect).
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Marc Sturlese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Jobs run on the whole cluster. After rebalancing everything is properly
> allocated. Then I start running jobs using all the slots of the 2 racks and
> the problem starts to happen.
> Maybe I'm missing something. When using the rack awareness, do you have to
> specify to the jobs to run in slots form both racks and not just one? (I
> guess not)

Marc Sturlese 2013-08-22, 09:20
+
Harsh J 2013-08-22, 10:14