Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-08, 19:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 22:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-09, 23:26
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 23:57
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 00:30
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 00:39
+
Chris K Wensel 2011-12-13, 21:02
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 02:21
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-12-10, 02:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 03:52
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 19:23
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 20:24
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-13, 04:20
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-13, 06:59
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 06:46
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
In various emails and jiras, I have been asked to incorporate the following
additional patches in 1.0.0:

   - MAPREDUCE-3319 (Roman)
   - HADOOP-7903 (Arpit)
   - MAPREDUCE-3475 (Daryn)
   - HDFS-2589 (Daryn)
   - HADOOP jira about to be opened (Chris W.) for missing jackson
   dependency in hadoop pom.

I have not heard of any other significant issues in this build.
I will re-spin the release candidate tomorrow.

Thanks,
--Matt

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have posted a release candidate for Hadoop 1.0.0 at
>     http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.0-rc2/
>
> Please download, evaluate, and vote on this list.
> The artifacts will be posted to the maven repo shortly.
> The vote will close at noon PST on Thursday 15 Dec.
>
> It may be of interest that it is important to use an appropriate version
> of Java.
> I lost several days due to instabilities apparently in Oracle JDK
> 1.6.0_23, which
> caused about 30 junit test failures in contrib (streaming, schedulers, and
> gridmix).
> Switching to JDK 1.6.0_26 made the problems go away.
>
> The release artifacts in this hadoop-1.0.0-rc2 were build with
> JDK 1.6.0_26.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt (Release Manager for 1.0.0, formerly known as 0.20.205.1)

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-16, 08:32
+
Stack 2011-12-16, 17:56