HBase >> mail # user >> Tomb Stone Marker

Re: Tomb Stone Marker

Hi there...

In this chapter...

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#datamodel

.. it explains that the "updates" are just a view.  There is a merge
happening across CFs and versions (and delete-markers)..

In this...

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#regions.arch
9.7.5.5. Compaction

... it explains how and when the delete markers are removed in the
compaction process.