Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop and Ubuntu / Java

Hadoop and Ubuntu / Java

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/java-to-be-removed-from-ubuntu-uninstalled-from-user-machines/

I'm curious what this will mean for Hadoop on Ubuntu systems moving
forward.  I've tried openJDK nearly two years ago with Hadoop.  Needless
to say it was a real problem.

Hopefully we can still download it from the Sun/Oracle web site and
still use it.  Won't be the same though :/