Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-31, 03:35
+1 for splitting the projects.

On Aug 30, 2012, at 6:24 PM, Chris Douglas wrote:

> The tasks that are simpler in a unified project- releases,
> cross-project patches, etc- are relatively rare, but all dev has paid
> a tax.

Agreed.

> That acknowledged, as Arun points out: the half-measures that
> have made the split painful can be fixed and enthusiasm/resources
> appear to be available for that. As long as TLPs are reconciled
> quickly and decisively, this can be successful. Without dedicated
> resources, we can expect the same result as before.
I am willing to volunteer myself to help with whatever it takes to accomplish this. Even the last time around, I did my bit to make the split happen, the fruits of which aren't all lost today.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/