Hive >> mail # user >> Issue in BINARY datatype

Issue in BINARY datatype
Hi,
I am using Hive 10. When I create an external table with column type as
Binary, the query result on the table is showing some junk values for the
column with binary datatype.

Please find below the query I have used to create the table:

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE BOOL1(NB BOOLEAN,email STRING, bitfld BINARY)
 ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
   FIELDS TERMINATED BY '^'
   LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
STORED AS TEXTFILE
LOCATION '/user/hivetables/testbinary';

The query I have used is : select * from bool1

The sample data in the hdfs file is:

0^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^001
1^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^010
 ^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^011
 ^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^100
t^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^101
f^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^110
true^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^111
false^[EMAIL PROTECTED]^001
123^    ^01100010
12344^    ^01100001

Please share your inputs if it is possible.

Thanks,
Arun

Arun