Hive >> mail # user >> Querying HBase Records with null valued-columns using hive

Re: Querying HBase Records with null valued-columns using hive
Hey Sagar,

Seems like you have inserted data in your hbase table directly through
hbase client and not through hive client. If so, you need
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1634 to correctly read
pre-existing data in hbase. Hive-1634 is available as a part of 0.9
release. So, upgrade to 0.9 and your problem should go away.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh