HBase >> mail # dev >> TestThriftServerCmdLine seems to need 12 minutes to run.

+
N Keywal 2012-08-24, 13:54
+
Jesse Yates 2012-08-24, 19:07
+
N Keywal 2012-08-25, 11:24
Re: TestThriftServerCmdLine seems to need 12 minutes to run.

> it's more difficult to change things: you always fear that you're going to
> decrease the test coverage.
And the joys of reliance on a test suite.
> And it may requires to change the main code to
> ease hooking/mocking & so on.
Far easier said than done. I should have some time in Sept to work on
generally fixing this, but I'll work towards it with an eye on fixing the
slower tests.
> It's obviously easier to do during the dev
> than post dev...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Jesse Yates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM, N Keywal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> I've seen as well these ones:
> >> Running
> >> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.example.TestZooKeeperTableArchiveClient
> >> Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 284.153
> sec
> >>
> >> This one was me. It does a bunch of waiting for compactions to preceed
> via
> > the high level API and also coordination via ZK (so full cluster
> setup/down
> > is included in the test time).
> >
> > There is a forced sleep (currently 1000ms) but that is a far smaller than
> > the overall runtime. It just that compactions seem to take a while. I can
> > take a look early next week though if we really want to crank down the
> time
> > - it is categorized a Large though...
> >
> > -Jesse

+