HBase >> mail # user >> HBASE-7114 Increment does not extend Mutation but probably should

+
Ted Yu 2013-01-23, 18:25
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-24, 02:23
+
Amit Sela 2013-01-24, 11:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-26, 00:39
Re: HBASE-7114 Increment does not extend Mutation but probably should
Well, I increment counters where the row key is a keyword and the qualifier
is a country code, and in the post increment region observer I increment an
"all countries" aggregative counter. These counters are divided to families
such as daily, weekly, hourly etc.
So I get the family map to know which aggregative counter should I
increment, then I piggyback onto the Result the "all countries" current
count.
On Jan 26, 2013 2:39 AM, "Ted Yu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Amit:
> Can you tell us what operation you perform on the returned family map ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Amit Sela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm using Increment.getFamilyMap in a postIncrement Observer.
> > I'm running with HBase 0.94.2.
> >
> > Amit.
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:23 AM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > The reason was that Increment was serialized differently (compared to
> all
> > > other mutations).
> > > In trunk that is no longer an issue, since the serialization logic is
> no
> > > longer part of the object to be serialized.
> > >

> > > -- Lars
> > >

> > > ________________________________

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-01-26, 16:40