MapReduce >> mail # user >> Yarn never use TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner when run TeraSort job?

+
sam liu 2013-10-16, 02:02
Re: Yarn never use TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner when run TeraSort job?
It's really weird and confusing me. Anyone can help this question?

Thanks!
2013/10/16 sam liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Experts,
>
> In Hadoop-2.0.4, the TeraSort leverage TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner as
> its Partitioner: 'job.setPartitionerClass(TotalOrderPartitioner.class);'.
> However, seems Yarn did not execute the methods of
> TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner at all. I did some tests to verify it as
> below:
>
> Test 1: Add some code in the method readPartitions() and setConf() in
> TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner to print some words and write some word to a
> file.
> Expected Result: Some words should be printed and wrote into a file
> Actual Result: No word was printed and wrote into a file at all
>
> Test 2: Remove all existing methods in TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner, but
> only remaining some necessary but empty methods in it
> Expected Result: TeraSort job will ocurr some exception, as the specified
> Partitioner is not implemented at all
> Actual Result: TeraSort job completed successfully without any exception
>
> Above tests confused me a lot, because seems Yarn never use specified
> partitioner TeraSort#TotalOrderPartitioner at all during job execution.
>
> Any one can help provide the reasons?
>
> Thanks very much!

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-10-18, 21:03