Hadoop, mail # dev - Will there be a 2.2 patch releases?

Re: Will there be a 2.2 patch releases?
Karthik Kambatla 2014-01-05, 16:50
On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Raymie Stata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I took a look at items in 2.3 and 2.4, as well as CDH5 and HDP2 (also
> looked at a few of the patches to assess their risk levels), and came
> up with the following strawman propose of bug-patches to be included
> in a 2.2.1 release:
>
> HADOOP-10029 [major] - Specifying har file to MR job fails in secure
> cluster
>
> HDFS-5089 [major] - When a LayoutVersion supports SNAPSHOT, it must
> support FSIMAGE_NAME_OPTIMIZATION
> HDFS-5403 [major] - WebHdfs client cannot communicate with older
> WebHdfs servers post HDFS-5306
> HDFS-5433 [critical] - When reloading fsimage during checkpointing, we
> should clear existing snapshottable directories
>
> MAPREDUCE-5028 [critical] - Maps fail when io.sort.mb is set to high value

Has only been fixed in branch-1. Still to be fixed in branch-2; IMO, it is
critical, but not enough to include it in 2.2.1

> YARN-1295 [major] - In UnixLocalWrapperScriptBuilder, using bash -c
> can cause Text file busy errors
> YARN-1374 [blocker] - Resource Manager fails to start due to
> ConcurrentModificationException

I don't think this is a bug in 2.2. It was introduced by changes in
branch-2, not in 2.2