HDFS >> mail # user >> Is there a way to limit # of hadoop tasks per user at runtime?

Re: Is there a way to limit # of hadoop tasks per user at runtime?
Hi Mehmet,

Are you using MR1 or MR2?

The fair scheduler, present in both versions, but configured slightly
differently, allows you to limit the number of map and reduce tasks in a
queue.  The configuration can be updated at runtime by modifying the
scheduler's allocations file.  It also has a feature that automatically
maps jobs to queues based on the user submitted them.

Here are links to documentation in MR1 and MR2:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/fair_scheduler.html
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/FairScheduler.html

-Sandy

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Mehmet Belgin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]