Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 16:33
+
Christopher 2013-10-25, 18:23
+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 18:49
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-25, 19:11
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-10-25, 18:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-25, 19:15
+
Christopher 2013-10-25, 19:23
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-25, 19:49
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-25, 19:53
+
Keith Turner 2013-10-25, 21:05
+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 21:08
+
Keith Turner 2013-10-25, 21:40
+
dlmarion@... 2013-10-25, 21:37
+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 19:19
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-25, 20:20
Re: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week
I'm going to start going through 1.6 tickets and either bump them to 1.7 or
question if they should slip if I need more information.
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We should probably declare a release manager for 1.6.0. I don't think the
> feature freeze vote set one (future ones probably should).
>

> Then they can start pinging people to find out where we are on the
> blockers.
>
> -Sean
>

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > True, but at the same time it makes no sense to release 1.6.0 if the
> > features contained within are incomplete.
> >
> > There are still a number of blockers that are unresolved that would all
> > fall into the category of creating a broken 1.6.0 or having to back out
> > large changesets. I know these blockers would be categorized as "bug
> fixes"
> > and not "features", but some of these bugs are directly from new features
> > which I would argue are thus still a part of this feature.
> >
> > I'm all for trying to release early and often, but I will be the guy who
> > throws a wrench in the works if we do it at the sake of reducing the
> > quality of our release.
> >

> > On 10/25/13 11:49 AM, John Vines wrote:
> >
> >> I'd rather not go down the slippery slope we went down last time. I'll
> >> gladly be the bad guy and say that things are getting pushed to 1.7.
> >>

> >> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >>  It looks like we're 50% in terms of tickets complete.

> http://s.apache.org/accumulo-1.6.0-issues>

> away.

> up
> >>>>

> --