HDFS >> mail # dev >> Ask for help?

+
Xiaohan 2012-10-24, 14:44
Re: Ask for help?
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 02:44:45PM +0000, Xiaohan wrote:
> And the logs in NameNode, we found the difference from each of the times:
>
> 2012-10-20 20:05:43,249 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: **** Number of syncs: 1347 SyncTimes(ms): 14138 3677
>
> 2012-10-22 18:34:42,223 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: **** Number of syncs: 51 SyncTimes(ms): 34553 312
>
> We inspect that it is the problem of Bookkeeper. Anyone ever encounter that or any clue for that? Thanks very much.
> The environment is strictly controlled, and the logs can only be copied by hand. So the logs are not so detailed.
How many bookies are you using? Are any of the bookies displaying disk
errors? what does iostat say on the bookies and on the namenode?

It does look like the editlog is the culprit here. However it's not
clear that it's BK. If BK is the shared edits, it should be second in
the list of journals. From the sync times, the second journal seems to
be performing fine.

-Ivan